Friday, April 30, 2010

Cherry Blossom Day 3 Stage 3 and 4

This day was pretty uneventful. Time trials tend to be boring to recall and write about. I showed up on time and went about as hard as I possibly could and didn’t come in last or get passed.

The crit was uneventful too. Thank gawd! I executed my plan perfectly. I was going to make that announcer say my name. I knew it wouldn’t be because I won the race. Not with the two noodles I was working with. So I was going to go out for as many laps as it took to make him call out our team and my name and then get shelled directly.

I went out on the third lap. I didn’t know that there was a guy up the road already. That SOB was taking my glory and I would have to catch him to get the announcer to say our team name. But as we passed the start/finish line for the 4th time I heard the announcer say it and I went back to the pack. I was planning on getting shelled but I stayed on to the finish. Just trying to keep the rubber side down and get to the beer tent with all my skin. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment