Saturday, April 4, 2009

Stage 3 Crit 4/4/09

Man that was fun… I guess only because I didn’t flat, or end up upside down. The first few laps were hard I could feel my legs begging for mercy but I got warmed up and started to feel pretty good. These guys showed up to race, I don't if anyone told these idiots that we have race tomorrow. Owee! I started in the back of the field and had to spend the entire race working my way up to the front, so really I was going faster than the leaders for most of the race. We were shelling people left and right I just had to keep working my way through the carnage. With five laps to go I took a couple breather laps and stayed up with the leaders. With three laps to go I found my self fading up to the front, now past the front wow I am taking a little flier off the front. Then thought wait I have to race tomorrow and back to the pack I went. As I came back I was minding my own business and some body tried to jump on my bike or something I don’t know what he was doing but we were helmet to helmet, elbow to elbow, shoulder to shoulder and too much of him was touching me I know that. I was just trying to stay up right. We were pushing on one another back and forth working our way back over to our respective bikes. WOW! Did that just happen. I some how didn't even lose position. I don’t even know how we just did that. I let my nerves calm I rested for a lap (well as much rest as you can get at 30mph with a head wind) tried to position myself for the sprint. We went around turn two and a guy clipped his pedal or something and swerved and then another guy swerved and then I swerved then the guy behind me had nowhere else to go but into the curb, curclunk, ouch! Everyone behaved themselves for the sprint and I ended up in the front somewhere not sure where. What a race.

But yeah today was a very fun day. I kind of like this part of stage racing. So first time trial today and first crit and both went well I think considering it all. Tomorrow is a new day and a whole new world of pain awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment