Monday, April 20, 2009

4/19/09-End of the Old Columbia Gorge Highway

Sometimes I forget why it is that I ride. I often ride alone, listening to music, I prefer it that way, peaceful, and time to organize my thoughts. Sometimes I get back from a ride and I have a big smile on my face… like a crazy person. I sometimes tell people that it is the human experiment, training to race, fine tuning the body, the weight loss, the fuel in, the power out. Then I go on rides like today. A route I haven’t done since the pain in my neck set in over a year ago. Add in light winds, good music, sunny and warm. Then I realize why I smile when I ride, the views, the quiet, the euphoria of descending (however bad I am at it), the rythm of climbing, and the Zen of pain management. Then there is the sexy tan lines, the chiseled legs (I think Ty called them women’s legs, but the view he got was from behind me riding away from him on several climbs yesterday), and of course there is the obvious that I would have no excuse for shaving my legs if I didn’t ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment