Sunday, March 29, 2009

3/23/09

Tempo Ride 32 miles 3200’ of climbing. It is funny that about five years ago when I was first starting to ride for more than just getting from here to there I hated climbing. Now I am bored stiff if it doesn’t have a 1:100 ratio or less.

So today I did a bit of exploring and was just trying to get 2 hours in. I took a left on this road up on the bluff that I don’t usually take. I learned my lesson. I am just cruising along up a little pitch and out comes an English Pointer with hair standing up barking growling and didn’t care much for me being on his road. If my heart rate wasn’t high it was now and I was standing still with the bike between me and him. Thinking this might be a mistake… what if he scratched my bike! Out comes the owner without an apology and gets him back in the yard. Wow ok, not the dogs fault but come on not cool. So I headed off, heart racing and bike not. I cruised up to Crown Point and off the back to work on my descending and back up to working on my climbing. I head up to Larch Mt. and to the back roads back home. What a beautiful descent and quite roads. This descent is a screamer, 45 50 mph and long sweeping turns. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment