Sunday, March 7, 2010

BB#2

Woke up again before the alarm with the melatonin fading from my veins. I had a much more mellow morning getting my things together, aware that I have lots of time to get my things together. I am riding solo, or so I thought today. I shot Ben a message to see if was going to join and he was in as long as he had a coffee stop.

We arrived a little later, 7:30ish and we were a little slow getting going. I had an interesting conversation with the lady that was taking our money for the race.

Me: “Do we have to sign a new waver if we cat up?”
Her: “Nope, what’s your name?”
Me: “Petross”
Her Friend: “What does it mean when you cat up?”
Me: “I went up a category, and it means that I abandoned all my friends and relationships”
Her Friend: “Mumble Mumble…”
Me: “What? You have to speak slow for cyclist. All of our blood is in our legs.”
Her: Shit eating grin, “Where did you say all your blood is?”
Me: “Wow a little early…”

It put a smile on my face for sure. But we were rolling by 8:30.

Warmed up and ready to start my first Cat 3 race. There was really nothing to report. The race was so different than in the 4’s. There really wasn’t any sitting in. The pace is much higher and there is a lot of chasing and breaking. The boys are better bike handlers. It’s is just a better group to ride with. Longer. I was able to work at the front and tried to get out on a couple of breaks. I made the final break at the bigger climb after the dam and I finished pretty. I ended up in the final group with the leaders. I was happy about the finish and that I didn’t get dropped and was never really in trouble. I felt like I was part of the race. I was happy with the day. I did one extra lap at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment